Translate

Monday, May 3, 2010

E.V.A Pod





Here are some images of my scratchbuilt 1/8 scale Grumman (that's what it says in the lore) E.V.A. Pod from 2001 A Space Odyssey. I stumbled across the sphere for this model amongst a pile of garbage on the 4th floor of the H.V.Shaw building in downtown Edmonton. So what do I see out of the corner of my eye? An 11 inch mirror ball probably back from those disco days when the clothing was terrible and the music was even worse, much worse. Measuring around a sphere can be difficult and was quite a learning experience.

2 comments:

Ludo Weyden said...

Nice build! One of the best sci-fi movies ever made. I watched it again a few months ago with my wife and we came to the conclusion it's an incredible slow movie, so slow that it wouldn't survive these days. But I like the model, very nice!

Warren Zoell said...

Thanks Ludo - I think it is the best Sci Fi movie ever made and you're right it wouldn't survive nowadays. People get bored too easily.
I think its slowness is part of its charm. It's almost like you're experiencing it in real time.