Here are some more images of Monogram's 1/48 scale Junkers JU 52 transport. This is an excellent model in every way. Incredible detail and it assembled without any hitches. This kit is still around and one can get it for around $50 Cdn.
The Junkers Ju 52 (nicknamed Tante Ju ("Auntie Ju") and Iron Annie) was a German trimotor transport aircraft
manufactured from 1932 to 1945. It saw both civilian and military
service during the 1930s and 1940s. In a civilian role, it flew with
over 12 air carriers including Swissair and Deutsche Luft Hansa as an airliner and freight hauler. In a military role, it flew with the Luftwaffe as a troop and cargo transport and briefly as a medium bomber. The Ju 52 continued in postwar service with military and civilian air fleets well into the 1980s.
In 1932, James A. Richardson's Canadian Airways received (Werknummer 4006) CF-ARM, the sixth ever-built Ju 52/1m. The aircraft, was first re-engined with an Armstrong Siddeley Leopard radial engine and then later with a Rolls-Royce Buzzard and nicknamed the "Flying Boxcar" in Canada,
could lift approximately three tons and had a maximum weight of
7 tonnes (8 tons). It was used to supply mining and other operations in
remote areas with equipment too big and heavy for other aircraft then in
use. The Ju 52/1m was able to land on wheels, skis or floats.
Before the nationalisation of the German aircraft industry in 1935,
the Ju 52/3m was produced principally as a 17-seat airliner. It was
principally used by Luft Hansa and could fly from Berlin to Rome
in eight hours. The fleet of Luft Hansa eventually numbered 80 and flew
from Germany on routes in Europe, Asia and South America.
The Colombian Air Force used three Ju-52/3mde bomber equipped as floatplanes during the Colombia-Peru War in 1932–33. After the war, the air force acquired three other Ju-52mge as transports; the type remained in service until after World War II.
Bolivia acquired four Ju-52s in the course of the Chaco War (1932-1935), mainly for medical evacuation and air supply. During the conflict, the Ju-52s alone transported more than 4,400 tons of cargo to the front.
In 1934, Junkers received orders to produce a bomber version of the
Ju 52/3m to serve as interim equipment for the bomber units of the still
secret Luftwaffe until it could be replaced by the purpose designed Dornier Do 11.
Two bomb-bays were fitted, capable of holding up to 1,500 kg (3,300 lb)
of bombs, while defensive armament consisted of two 7.92mm MG 15 machine guns,
one in an open dorsal position, and one in a retractable "dustbin"
ventral position, which could be manually winched down from the fuselage
to protect the aircraft from attacks from below. The bomber could be
easily converted to serve in the transport role.
The Dornier Do 11 was a failure, however, and the Junkers ended up
being acquired in much larger numbers than at first expected, with the
type being the Luftwaffe's main bomber until more modern aircraft such
as the Heinkel He 111, Junkers Ju 86 and Dornier Do 17 entered into service.
The Ju 52 first saw military service in the Spanish Civil War against the Spanish Republic.
It was one of the first aircraft delivered to the fraction of the army
in revolt in July 1936 as both a bomber and transport. In the former
role, it participated in the bombing of Guernica. No more of the bomber variant were built after this war, though it was again used as a bomber during the bombing of Warsaw during the Invasion of Poland of September 1939. The Luftwaffe then relied on the Ju 52 for transport roles during World War II, including paratroop drops.