Translate

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Work Of Dave Porter







Here are some images of the most excellent modelling artistry of Mr.
Dave Porter.Here in his own words are his descriptions Enjoy! The 1969 Yenko Camaro is Revell’s 1/25th kit. The engine is fully wired and plumbed. Most of tools are from Fugimi. The figure is Verlinden. The posters and pinups are Verlinden and some are cut out from magazines. The structure and tables are scratchbuilt.

The TA-183 is by Amtech (now by Tamiya). It’s SOB except that I cut apart the canopy and I added a photo etched harness. Aeromaster paints were used to finish.

The x-wing fighter is the old AMT kit but it’s highly detailed. I cut open an engine bay, weapons bay, and I dressed up the cockpit. The ground crew are 1/48 scale aircraft carrier crew. The R2 unit is from SMT’s 1/48 y-wing fighter. The pilot is an anime figure that was modified. The walls, tower, and equipment are all scratchbuilt.

The CF-104 Starfighter is the Hasegawa 1/48 kit. I used leading edge decals and installed a resin ejection seat. It’s finished in Alclad paints.

The Afrika Corps diorama………The Rad 8 is from Tamiya in 1/35 scale. The figures are from Dragon. The boxes, cartons, guns etc. are from various sources. The palms are from VLS. Tamiya acrylics, artist oils and pastels are used for finishing.

3 comments:

oldblindpue said...

Wow looks great!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I love that Africa Corp peice...reminds me of that show Rat Patrol which I loved.

-Warren Zoell said...

Love those dioramas, very inspiring.