Translate

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dave Porter's BRE Datsun 510 And 2000 Renard

Here is an image of Dave Porter's BRE Datsun 510 and 2000 Renard and here are his descriptions.

    Here is the BRE Datsun 510 that won the 1972  SCCA 2.5 litre Sedan Trans Am Championship. The car was driven by John Morton. This kit is a vintage repop from Revell in 1/25 scale. I painted it with Tamiya Lacquers and acrylics and I did some extra details in the interior.


 Here is Paul Tracy’s 2000 Renard in 1/25 scale. The kit is by Monogram and the Kool decals are aftermarket.




2 comments:

Motorsport Modeller said...

I have always loved the Datsun, i thought it was also driven by Peter Brock? Nice work and a great looking build.
A BIG fan of the Reynard, and Mr Paul Tracey....Which decals did you use for this one?
Nice looking work.

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks!

Yes. Pete Brock did compete with one of 510's. He was the head of BRE Racing and he still is. Check it out...

http://bre2.net/index.php?section=1

I'm a big Paul Tracy fan too. I met him in Vancouver once and he is more shy and laid back than I expected.......but get him in a car or in front of a camera or microphone.

I can't help you with the decals yet. But I will get back to you.

Dave