Translate

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cylon Raider






Here are some images of Revell's 1/32 scale Cylon Raider from Battlestar Galactica. This is the original kit. Oh Battlestar Galactica how I do hate thee and thy mediocrity. The Cylons were the good guys right? You know back in the 70s when the pilot was first released they actually had the unmitigated gull to release it in a movie theater. They felt it was that good. Well it wasn't! It was crap! Aaaaand then to add insult to injury they re released it on television a month later. I want my money back! Damn you Lorne Greene! I stab at thee with hells fury! But the ships are cool. The Cylon Raider has a very rakish look to it I think. Although note the tank sprocket wheels on the top of the craft.

4 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I love both of these space fighters. I built both of them and used the Viper as the nosecone for a rocket I launched. Very cool

Edward Hollett said...

I remember reading a magazine article at the time about special effects in this movie, Alien and a few others.

The effects guys all said they took their add-on bits from model parts.

-Warren Zoell said...

On the back of the Millennium Falcon you can see parts from a WWII German Halftrack.

Pat Tillett said...

I gotta agree, it wasn't my cup of tea either. Great model!

Cal!