Translate

Friday, June 4, 2010

Messerschmitt BF 109 E3





Here are some images of Matchbox's 1/32 scale Messerschmitt Bf 109 E3 "Emil". This was one of the many aircraft flown by Adolf Galland. These early Messerschmitts were the aircraft that participated in the battle of Britain. Matchbox were one of the few model kit manufacturers whose kits featured recessed panel lines from the 1970s. Unfortunately these panel lines were like trench's, not so with this 109. The one mistake that I can see with this kit is it seems to have a canopy from an E4, mind you I could be wrong many E3s were converted to E4s during the battle of Britain. This could represent an aircraft in mid conversion.

2 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

very nice, still amazed by the detail!
How many models (of any type) have you built?

-Warren Zoell said...

I couldn't even begin to tell you how many models I have built. Currently I have guesstimated that I have around 700 models built the oldest one I have was built in 1989. However I have been building models seriously for the past 25 years but have been building them for the past 39 years since I was six so pretty much all my life. The number of models I have built would of coarse be much higher then 700.