Translate

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sabre







Here are some images plus composites of Hasegawa's 1/48 scale North American F 86 Sabre. The Sabre was the most important fighter for the Americans during the Korean war. First flown in 1947 the Sabre incorporated features of the Messerschmitt ME 262 particularly the swept wings. The Sabre was also built in Canada as the Canadair Sabre and in Australia as the CAC Sabre. In my opinion you pretty much can't go wrong with a Hasegawa kit, they are always well detailed, go together well and have decals with good colour as well as nice and stretchy. Although Hasegawa kits in my opinion have always been a little over priced for what you get especially in this day and age. That's why I don't buy them to often.

2 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

These were the jets I loved as a kid. Whenever I see one today, my mind immediately goes back to the movie, "The Bridges at Toko-Ri."
And of course one of the best movie lines EVER, "Where do we get such men?"
just typing that line gets to me...

-Warren Zoell said...

Funny you should mention that movie Pat. I am going to be posting the Grumman F9F Panther from that movie later on today.