Translate

Friday, September 21, 2012

Post Apocalyptic Submarine

Here are some images of my scratch/ kit bash 1/72 scale Post Apocalyptic Submarine.
This model was built from the other Trieste II DSV kit. The remnants of two ME 262 jet engines, a TV aerial, the rudder from a HE 177 and various sundries of greebling and wotnot.

The two main things in my opinion that are important when creating post apocalyptic machinery is that it must look like it was put together piece meal, as one would expect to see in a post apocalyptic environment. The second thing is that they must have a face. I feel it gives an addition of character to said model.

Pictures of my other Post Apocalyptic vehicle can be seen here.

9 comments:

Manchu said...

Fun :)
And always nice weathering...

-Warren Zoell said...

Thanks Manchu!

SpacerGuy said...

I'd love to know how you've 'aged' the submarine. Its nice to see scars left behind after battle.

-Warren Zoell said...

I use ground up pastel chalks of varying colours. I apply them with a dry brush and Qtips. Sometimes I'll mix the pastel chalks with an alcohol base and then apply.

Hanny said...

I love it, but did you have ideas for what everything on was for (i.e. the long 'probe')?

-Warren Zoell said...

It's a harpoon gun for spearing those pesky mutant fishes;o)

Pablo J. Álvarez said...

Very funny, and original. well done

-Warren Zoell said...

Thanks Pablo!

Anonymous said...

"various sundries of greebling and wotnot". what does wotnot mean please?