Translate

Monday, September 6, 2010

Kennscht mi noch?






Here are some images of Dragon Models 1/48 scale Fokker DR 1 Tri dekker flown by LT Fritz Kemph with the slogan
"Kennscht mi noch?" (Do you know me yet?)
From Wikipedia "
The Fokker Dr.I Dreidecker (triplane) was a World War I fighter aircraft built by Fokker-Flugzeugwerke. The Dr.I saw widespread service in the spring of 1918. It became renowned as the aircraft in which Manfred von Richthofen gained his last 20 victories, and in which he was killed on 21 April 1918.

In February 1917, the Sopwith Triplane began to appear over the Western Front. The Sopwith swiftly proved itself superior to the Albatros fighters then in use by the Luftstreitkräfte. Fokker-Flugzeugwerke responded by converting an unfinished biplane prototype into the V.4, a small, rotary-powered triplane with a steel tube fuselage and thick cantilever wings, first developed during Fokker's government-mandated collaboration with Hugo Junkers. Initial tests revealed that the V.4 had unacceptably high control forces resulting from the use of unbalanced aileronselevators. and

Instead of submitting the V.4 for a type test, Fokker produced a revised prototype designated V.5. The most notable changes were the introduction of horn-balanced ailerons and elevators, as well as longer-span wings. The V.5 also featured interplane struts, which were not necessary from a structural standpoint, but which minimized wing flexing. On 14 July 1917, Idflieg issued an order for 20 pre-production aircraft. The V.5 prototype, serial 101/17, was tested to destruction at Adlershof on 11 August 1917.

8 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

If it wasn't sitting on carpet, I'd swear this was an actual plane...

-Warren Zoell said...

It's not carpet it's linoleum dammit! Stop picking on the Lino! 8) and thank you ;)

-Warren Zoell said...

Actually Pat it's pretty funny everyone, and I mean everyone thinks it's carpet however it's the best place I have for taking pictures of my models and besides the lino provides a nice neutral non interfering surface.

Anonymous said...

Warren,

I must compliment you on your choice of carpet for the triplane photo shoot. It remindes me of the lozenge camo fabric that was used on german WWI aircraft.

Dave

-Warren Zoell said...

No soup for you!

Anonymous said...

Damn! I don't have the recipes either.

Seriously......luv the tripe.

Dave

Anonymous said...

"Kennscht mi noch?" (Do you know me yet?)

For anyone wanting to build the Kempf "Kennscht mi noch" Dr.1, a very nice
person named Edi sent me a more correct translation of the words. Here it is:

I just wanted to suggest a better translation for the words on the
middle wing. It's not "Do you know me yet?" or "Do you know me?" it is...

"Do you still remember me?"

Online tranlators will choke on it, since it's not written language, but
dialect for "Kennst Du mich noch?" Kempf must have been somewhere from
Baden-Württemberg or "ausm Ländle", as they say there.

Unknown said...

Wonderful build!