Translate

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Focke Wulf - V-18




Here are some images of Dave Porter's 1/48 scale Planet Models Focke Wulf V-18.
This is one of the experimental high altitude FW-190’s complete with supercharging, pressurization, and a four blade paddle propeller. This aircraft was a very good performer but was expensive to build. It turned out to be a better choice to produce the “Dora” model of the FW-190. Dave built this model to represent the V-18 as if entered regular service with the Luftwaffe. The decals are from Aeromaster as well as the paint. The kit did not fit very well and it requires a lot of filling, sanding, and shims to get the desired result. The level of detail is very good for a resin kit.

4 comments:

Pablo J. Álvarez said...

I make this model of MPM and is one of the most beautiful FW of the family.
Good work and very difficult.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I agree. This is one of the nicest of the FW-190 series.

Dave

Entre Nous said...

I can't stand it, have been spening far too much time unpacking anmd too little gazing at your site! I've been here for an hour already and really need to get dinner going! Your killin' me Warren!

-Warren Zoell said...

Sorry about your dinner. I'm glad I can educate. fascinate and entertain:)