Translate

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bug


Here is an image of Dave Porter's 1/35 scale type 87 DAK VW Bug and here in his own words is his description.
This is a Afrika Corps VW bug by Italeri in 1/35 scale. This was a nice kit and it was a lot of fun to build. It has good details and kit includes a few extra items......five soldier figures, a fuel drum, and some weapons. I thought a building a little diorama featuring the bug would be a capital idea. I wanted some height to the project, so I added a resin and paper palm tree. The Alpine 1/35 DAK panzer commander is a great item. I painted him up and put him standing in the back of the vehicle along with some boxes, kit, and resin bottles of wine. The solder with the MP40 is included with the model. I finished the base with some rock, kitty litter, and layered and painted railroad ballast to simulate to North African desert.

No comments: