Translate

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Kettenkraftrad Re Post






Here are some images of Dragon Models (former Aurora/ESCI molds) 1/9 scale Sd.Kfz.2 Kleines Kettenkraftrad HK 101 with Gebirgsjager. Whatever the hell that means. This in my not so humble opinion is the ultimate motorbike. I often see this model done in Africa corps yellow, panzer grey or the dark yellow/red brown/dark green colour scheme. So I decided to do mine in winter camouflage. The winter scheme is more complicated then at first may appear. First I painted it in the three tone colour scheme, then I apply decals, then I applied heavily thinned white paint to give it a white wash appearance and finally weathering. If you come across any of the old 1/9 scale Aurora/ESCI motorcycle model kits or their re release counterparts by all means buy them as they are beautifully detailed and an absolute joy to build and in my opinion one of the best kit series ever produced.

4 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

It looks like it could go just about anywhere, but I wouldn't want to be the guy sitting out in the breeze who drives it!

-Warren Zoell said...

Oh I don't know. On a nice summer day I think it would be a lot of fun =-)

Diego said...

WOW.....Is perfect

-Warren Zoell said...

Gracias Diego.