Translate

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Merlin






Here are some images of Trumpeter's 1/24 scale Rolls Royce Merlin 45 engine. If I had to choose one of the great engines of all time the Merlin would definitely make it on the short list. This engine in my opinion practically won the war for England and her allied nations including Canada supplying power for such aircraft as the Spitfire, Lancaster, Beaufighter, P 40, Mosquito, Fairy Battle, Halifax,Hurricane, Mustang, etc. The list is almost endless. Could you imagine having a Car with one of these engines powering it?

4 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

great details...

Tony said...

Hi Warren

This is a fantastic piece of modelling.

You have my permission to link my Blog to yours.

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

My aviation space said...

I am a Japanese airplane modeler.
I produced some of the aircraft and engine by metal.
Merlin engine built by you is amazing.
Here I reference the Merlin engine.

http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~orufo/

-Warren Zoell said...

WOW!! That is some amazing metal work. Most impressive indeed!